CP Rail (White River & Nemegos) – Underwater Bridge Inspections
TBT Engineering’s Role
TBT Engineering Limited was commissioned by Canadian Pacific Railway to conduct underwater bridge inspections of CPR bridges located within the White River and Nemegos subdivision.
Scope of work for the projects included the underwater inspection of bridge substructure components at two CPR structures located within White River and Nemegos subdivision.
- White River 127.5 – This bridge site was located approximately 4 miles east of White River, Ontario. This bridge spanned the White River.
- The bridge components inspected included 1 pier and the submerged faces of the east and west abutments.
- Nemegos 68.22 – This bridge site was located approximately 31 miles west of Cartier, Ontario. This bridge spanned the Pogamasing River.
- The bridge components inspected included the submerged faces of the east and west abutments.
Upon completion of the underwater inspections TBT Engineering provided CPR with the following project deliverables for each bridge site that was inspected:
- AutoCad sketches of underwater bridge components for each bridge
- Pictures of bridge components above and below the water surface
Written reports summarizing the findings and recommendations for each site that were inspected.