Treasury Metals – Advanced Exploration (Goliath Gold Project)
The Goliath Gold Project is located near Thunder Lake, a short distance east of Dryden, ON. Treasury Metals Incorporated required approval for Advanced Exploration for the underground development which would include the reopening of an existing decline (portal closed in 2006) for the collection of bulk sample(s) from points of interest to an approximate depth of 450 m below surface.
TBT Engineering’s Role
TBT Engineering was retained by Treasury Metals to provide consultation services for the Advanced Exploration permitting requirements. TBT Engineering assisted Treasury with this process by providing consultant services for the following tasks:
Preparation of a formal Project Definition for regulatory review
- Worked with Treasury and assigned MNDMF coordinator to develop definition.
- Commissioned new aerial photo coverage for use in site plan preparation.
Consultation with Aboriginal and Public Stakeholders
- Assisted with consultations and summarized activity for MNDMF applications.
Preparation of a Permit to Take Water Application (Category 3) for Ministry of Environment (MOE) review
- Overseen a hydrogeological assessment.
- Reviewed available geological mapping, audit historic site documentation, and MOE well records to assist in the development of field program and understanding of groundwater regime.
- Implemented field program including investigation of aquifer properties and groundwater quality.
- Overseen laboratory chemical analysis and completed aquifer assessment.
Preparation of Certificate of Approval Application for Sewage Works of water for MOE Review
- Completed design drawings of the sewage works and prepared C of A application.
Preparation of a Closure Plan for MNDMF approval.
- Prepared the plan based on Schedule 1 and 2 of the Mine Rehabilitation Code of Ontario.
- Included all required corporate and technical certifications.